Success! Your request has been sent and a BSES representative will be in contact soon.
Mr Paul Wright (AM) – Director (Chairman) since 1 December 2006
Paul has held senior management and leadership roles in the banking, health, hospitality and consulting industries.
He is currently the Chairman of Phoenix Eagle Company Pty Ltd, a medical biotech company. Paul is also a director of the Australian Sugar Industry Alliance Ltd and Idec Solutions Pty Ltd, a steel fabrication, design and construction company.
In 2006, Paul was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia for his service to medical administration and to business and commerce.
With a career that spans over 45 years, including 27 years as a company director, he has also held the following roles:
- General Manager for Queensland and the Northern Territory of the Medical Benefits Fund of Australia Limited
- General Manager of The Brisbane Club
- Chairman of The Australian Institute of Management
- Chairman of The Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Chairman of The Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) Trust
- Deputy Chairman of the QIMR Council.
Mr Ian Davies – Director since 23 October 2007
Ian is currently the General Manager, Agriculture, for Sucrogen – Cane Products. He is currently director of:
- Australian Molasses Trading (and a previous Director of Mourilyan Molasses Terminal Company Pty Ltd)
- Herbert Cane Productivity Services Ltd
- Burdekin Productivity Services
- Plane Creek Productivity Services Ltd.
He is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and has experience in the cotton (both farming and as Regional Manager for Queensland Cotton Corporation) and finance industries (area manager for QIDC). Ian brings over 19 years of commercial, managerial and board experience in the sugar industry.
Mr Neil Fisher – Chief Executive Officer since October 2012
As a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors Neil has extensive experience in change management, corporate governance, financial management, research administration and communication.
Prior to this appointment, Neil served as Executive Director of the Grape and Wine Research and Development Corporation. Neil was also Chair of the joint Government/Industry working party charged with the responsibility of corporatising the Forest and Wood Products Research and Development Corporation into the industry-owned company Forest and Wood Products Australia.
Since 1995, Neil has held a number of Chief Executive positions in national organisations, including an appointment as a Board Member and CEO of Plant Health Australia Limited.
Mr Ian McBean – Director since 22 October 2009
Ian has broad expertise in the sugarcane growing and milling sectors and is currently the General Manager (Corporate Services) with NSW Sugar Milling Co-operative.
Prior to that he served seven years with Proserpine Sugar Mill and four years with Proserpine Canegrowers. Ian also has many years of experience in the sugar industry in Africa.
Mr John Pollock – Director since 24 October 2006
John has extensive expertise in research, natural resource management, primary industries and corporate management. He is currently a director of SkyView Solutions Ltd and serves as chair of several government committees.
John has also held the following roles:
- Executive Director of the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries
- Deputy Commissioner for the Murray-Darling Basin Commission
- Board Member of the Queensland Fisheries Management Authority
- Director of the Sugar Research and Development Corporation.
Mr Joe Russo – Director since 25 October 2005
Joe is a third-generation Isis-district cane grower and Managing Partner of Russo Brothers.
He is currently Chairman of CANEGROWERS Isis Limited, Senior Vice President of Queensland Cane Growers Organisation Limited, and a director of Queensland Farmers Federation, Canegrowers Superannuation Pty Ltd and Canegrowers Financial Services Pty Ltd.
In 2003, Joe was awarded the Australian Institute of Management’s (Sunshine Coast Region) Rural Remote Manager of the Year.
Mr Paul Sgarbossa – Director since 23 October 2007
Paul has been cane growing for over 30 years. He is Chairman of Burdekin Productivity Services and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
He received the SRDC 2000 R&D Sugar Industry Service Award and has held the following roles:
- industry representative for Inkerman CANEGROWERS
- Chairman of Burdekin Canegrub Steering Committee
- Chairman of Queensland CANEGROWERS Canegrub Steering Committee
- served on CANEGROWERS committees and sub-committees from 1991 to 2003
- served on productivity boards since 1989.
Mr Ian Sharpe – Director since 23 October 2008
Ian is in private practice as an accountant and business adviser in Dalby. He is also a director of Russell Pastoral Company and Chairman of the Executive Committee of Dingo Australia.
He has a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) from USQ and a Graduate Certificate in Commerce (USQ). He is a fellow of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a member of the Australian Grain Institute and a Registered Tax Agent.
Ian has also held the following roles:
- Regional Manager for Queensland Cotton Corporation
- General Manager of Queensland Grain Growers Association
- General Manager, Corporate Services of Bulk Grains Queensland
- Board Secretary, State Wheat Board
- Company Secretary, Toowoomba Foundry Pty Ltd.